DIRECTOR OF SALES • Oxford, UK
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- PhD in Atomic Force Microscopes, Hall Effect Measurement, magnetic measurement systems or cryogenics is preferred
- Experience in using & selling Scientific Equipment, preferably Atomic Force Microscopes, Hall Effect Measurement & Magnetic Characterisation Systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to customers and support groups
- Highly organized with solid time management & strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Prior experience with multiple sales channels
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Director of Sales will manage and lead sales activities within the defined territory (UK, Ireland & Europe) for NanoMagnetics Instruments Limited. The position is responsible for the direct development of sales within the territory, implementation and execution of territory plans. Regular engagements with both academic research and industrial customers across all NMI product lines to maintain relationships, acquire new customers and grow market share. Work closely with the NMI Application scientists to manage the sales process.
- Maintain a significant opportunity pipeline to assure success and on-going growth for the region
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans to achieve short and long term objectives
- Develop detailed knowledge of the customers within the region
- Meet or exceed all quarterly sales objectives for assigned geographical area
- Coordinate with product marketing on the development of short and long-term sales strategies, product introductions, new products and features, etc.
- Attend tradeshows and other marketing events in territory